This one was inspired by Angie Lee who published an episode on her podcast stating 10 things she’d do if she had to start her business from scratch! I found it super interesting and helpful so decided to do my own version!
What would you do differently if you had to start over again? Drop a comment below!
👉 Join the waitlist for the Being in a Band Membership
- Get really clear on what I was looking for – especially commitment level of bandmates and what they can bring to the business
- Get social media handles sorted early so no one else can take them
- Write for a while before recording to get used to each other and figure our our style
- Work with a producer to ensure your songs are the best they can be
- Don’t get caught up with made up deadlines
- Don’t be stingy – if you’re afraid to invest in your band, you can’t expect anyone else to
- Launch with a single + video and do a PR campaign (even if it’s DYI – get my PR Course here and use the code ‘SHRED’ to get 20% off)
- Understand the importance of a PR campaign – it’ll give you more exposure, credibility and more social media content
- Don’t play any old show – hold out for shows that will be worth it and especially don’t overplay (the definition of this will vary city to city)
- Ask for help & up-skill as much as possible to give your band the best chance to succeed
Links & Resources
For more tips, come connect with me on Instagram – @monicastrut
Join my free Facebook Group Music Marketing & Mindset for Heavy Bands/Musicians