Want to join the team and help empower artists to kick their musical goals?
Monica Strut is a music coach, marketer, author, online course creator and podcaster with a mission!
The goal: To empower musicians (specifically in the heavy/alt genres) through music-business knowledge and mindset so that they can have a successful long-term music career.
Through her consulting packages, online courses, membership and Facebook group, Monica has coached hundreds of musicians in taking their music career into their own hands and kicking their goals.
Rockstar Virtual Assistant
Looking for a rockstar VA to assist with social media marketing, graphics and the occasional administrative task! No prior experience specifically as a VA or social media manager required – I will provide training on the job. But looking for someone skilled in graphic design (beyond Canva) who knows their way around all social media platforms like a PRO.
Basic marketing and branding knowledge + love of heavy music will be looked upon favourably!
- Facebook Group community management – Approving and welcoming new members, scheduling engaging content in the group, etc.
- Repurposing podcasts into blog posts & social media content
- Batch & schedule social media content – Sharing podcasts, blogs, YouTube videos on my channels and in relevant groups
- Repurpose old content for social media
- Assist with putting together weekly newsletter
- Create graphics for social media, the podcast, blog posts, etc. – The first task will be redesign of my podcast cover image!
- Monthly marketing reports
- Assist with client on-boarding
- Help document systems and processes
- Research and outreach to Facebook Groups, blogs and podcasts (for collab opportunities)
- Ad hoc marketing, admin and graphic design tasks as required
- A social media gun – No prior experience managing socials for someone else required, but you take pride in your own social media channels, already know how to use scheduling tools, have a good understanding of algorithms, etc.
- Excellent graphic design skills (with relevant programs)
- Self-motivated and autonomous – This is a flexible role and I’m no micromanager. You LOVE having the freedom to design your own schedule and take initiative and pride in your work.
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn – This is a huge opportunity for someone who wants to get into the marketing world (specifically for the music industry) or build their own business in a similar industry. I am willing to up-skill whoever is in this position (as others have done in my career) in all these areas so am looking for someone who will grab this opportunity with both hands and make the most out of it!
- Passionate about the music industry
- Has ABN (you will be a freelancer)
- BONUS: Good knowledge of SEO
- BONUS: Is into astrology, the law of attraction, tarot or any other cool mystical shit we can chat about together!
This role is remote and 2-3 hours per week to start, which may grow in future (I hate when people say this in job advertisements but hey, it’s true).
POC and members of the LGBTQIA+ community encouraged to apply.
Please send resume, portfolio and cover letter/email explaining why you’re perfect for the role and why you to work with me to firstname.lastname@example.org (no DMs please)!
I can’t wait to hear from you!