No doubt your band’s photos are at the forefront of portraying what your band stands for. They can help generate hype, or they can keep your band in the garage.
Here are the 10 commandments of band photos. Let me know if you agree and leave your commandments in the comments below!
1. THOU SHALT NOT WEAR OLD SNEAKERS OR THONGS IN PHOTOS
2. THOU SHALT NOT HAVE PHONES IN POCKETS LOOKING AWKWARD
3. THOU SHALT BRING AT LEAST 2 OUTFIT OPTIONS FOR THE DAY
4. THOU SHALT COMMUNICATE AND COORDINATE OUTFITS WITH OTHER BAND MEMBERS
5. THOU SHALT LOOK LIKE YOU PUT AN EFFORT INTO YOUR APPEARANCE
6. THOU SHALT NOT WEAR BAND T-SHIRTS
7. THOU SHALT NOT WEAR SHIRTS WITH BIG COMMERCIAL LOGOS
8. THOU SHALT PRACTICE POSING IN THE MIRROR BEFORE THE DAY
9. THOU SHALT RESPECT THE PHOTOGRAPHER AND TURN UP EARLY
10. THOU SHALT THINK AHEAD AND GET 2 SETS OF IMAGES (IN 2 LOCATIONS FOR EXAMPLE) TO HAVE ON HAND FOR A LATER DATE
Could your band be utilising social media better?